background

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Took a little break....




I did quite a bit of sewing this month...but it didn't have anything at all to do with new patterns or primitive crafts at all!  My twin daughters couldn't find any dresses that they liked for prom (at least not in our budget!) so we went to the fabric store instead.  They picked out fabric they liked, and I ended up altering patterns for both of them; combining a bodice from one pattern and the skirt from another, and changing the neckline of the other dress.  I also sewed on Swarovski crystals on the navy dress.  It was so much fun!  It had been ages since I'd sewn any clothing, and I had a great time!  This was my first experience with invisible zippers, and I don't ever want to put in regular zippers again!  These were a snap!

Kaitlyn was a prom princess, but they are both princesses in my book!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Laurie, how fortunate your daughters are to have such a talented Mom! Their dresses are gorgeous! Beautiful girls and such handsome dates, hope they had a wonderful time too.
I miss those days......
Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Sheila
Seasons of Thy Heart blog