background

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Just a little sentimental today. . .


Today our firstborn is twenty seven years old!  I don't know where the time has gone!  Wasn't I just this age?  (I was actually five years younger than that in this picture!)  Lots of changes happening, and that's probably part of it.  In 6 weeks our babies - the twins - will graduate from high school.  This has always been a sentimental time for me with our other three children, but there was always the babies.  They were little.  It was a LONG time until they'd graduate.  Well, now the time has come!  We've so enjoyed all of their high school activities!  They are very active in band/jazz, sports, extra-curricular stuff.  My van is always on the road taking me to something that they are involved in!  (Literally....they just got their driver's licenses a week ago, and they aren't driving alone yet).  I am so proud of them all, but if I could just turn the clock back a dozen years or so, I sure would.....

So, about Ashley - since it's her day!  She is a middle school teacher and track coach.  She's always been an ideal daughter.  Sweet, helpful, giving, and we're so proud of her!  She's coming for dinner and cake this evening after work.  She requested a Boston Cream Pie, and daughter Kari is making it for her.  Sounds like a good recipe.  (See it here).  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Our weather is to be in the mid 80's this weekend!  It's about time!

Primitive blessings,

Laurie

No comments: