background

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wow! It's July!?!

You sure wouldn't know it from the weather on my end of the country!  While the majority of the country is roasting in sweltering temperatures, we here in the northwest are having a wet, cool start to summer!  Yesterday it was 65 and raining....again!  We usually joke around here that summer doesn't get started until July 5th....the day after Independence Day, and it appears that is the plan again this year!  Oh well!  I'll take our extended spring over 100 temperatures any day!

I've been using these stay-inside days for working on the recycled clothing quilts I am making for my friend, and they will be done in a couple of days.  I'll post some pictures when they are.

Friday I took my twin daughters down to Monmouth, Oregon to Western Oregon University.  They think that is where they want to go to college in about 15 short months, so we met with advising in both of the majors that they are interested in.  On the way back we went through Independence, Oregon.  What a cool town!  It's small, but has so many vintage homes, a great antique store, and even my daughters loved this awesome fabric/quilt store.


Ladies of Liberty Mercantile was decorated so charmingly, the owner was so friendly, and they had lots of fabrics that you don't find at your average fabric store!  I love Civil War prints, and they had tons of them, and even better yet for those who can't, unfortunately, visit their store in person,  you can place an order on their website!  Be sure to check it out!  It was a perfect time to visit Independence, Oregon, and this very Americana fabric store so close to the 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day!

Primitive blessings,

 ~Laurie




1 comment:

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Looks like a great place to visit. I love a good antique store and fabric store! Have a happy 4th.