background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A couple of purses

Well, I completed a couple of purses from my remnant finds last week!  They were really fun, and I'm ready to make some more!


This one is big and roomy, and I think it's my favorite!  The handles are made from curtain tie-backs, and they were $1 each.  A big package of these shell buttons were .50 cents, and I spent about .75 cents on the exterior fabric! The lining was a couple of bucks, and the magnetic snap was $1.25, so this purse was put together really inexpensively!


This bag was missing something when it was done, so I scrounged through my "goodies" and found this mis-matched vintage clip on earring that I'd picked up at a junk shop, pried off the clip-on back and glued on a pin back, and pinned it on.  These bags both sewed up in a short afternoon, and I'd highly recommend the patterns (shown on my post below from last week).

Last night I finished a book that I would HIGHLY recommend!  I ran across a blog that I couldn't get enough of, so I had to order the newly released book.  If you haven't check out NieNie Dialogs, you need to!  Stephanie Nielson is courageous, inspiring, crafty, and amazing!  Here's her new book.  Read a review and purchase it here.


Primitive blessings,
~Laurie

3 comments:

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Your purses are beautiful. You did a great job. I have been wanting to make a purse for quite some time now and finally made one today. As soon as I get it finished I will post on my blog. It was such fun to make. A change from making dolls.
Have a blessed night!!
~Rene~

Laurie Johnson said...

Can't wait to see yours, Rene! I felt the same way...I love making dolls, but sometimes it's fun to have a little variety! And, I don't usually pack around my dolls (!), but I can take my purses out in public! :)

Anonymous said...

Very useful blog. Keep up the good work.