background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tame the River CD for Sale!




Yes! Lukas has his Bluegrass/Acoustic Folk Songs CD for sale for $8.00 (and $2.00 shipping). (See post below if you missed this!) It is comprised of 10 original tunes, and Lukas plays all the instruments and sings all the parts. He recorded himself playing each instrument, and then combined them, so it sounds like a whole band!

Songs included are:

In Full Bloom
Tame the River
Home on that Mountain
Woman, Not a Girl
Train of Thought Blues
I Think You’re Thinking
Magpie
A Young Boy and his Pup
Beneath the Snow
Silver Thaw

I've made up a video of him playing as well as photos and video of Mr. Bird, and Lukas' song "Magpie" plays in the background. (See above).  Thanks for the kind words about my Mr. Bird story and Lukas' music! (Click here if you missed it). If you'd like to purchase a CD, please click the PayPal link below.





Here's a little about Lukas from his CD:
I grew up raising sheep, beef and chickens on a 50-acre farm on the west end of the Columbia River Gorge. I have always been involved with music, performing in wind ensembles and jazz bands on bari sax, tenor sax and bass clarinet. In the past four years, my interest in Bluegrass and Old-Time music has grown, and I’ve frequented festivals and jams in my area. I’ve been playing guitar for around 10 years, and mandolin for almost two years.

I am currently completing my Master in Teaching at the illustrious Washington State University. I plan to teach high school English and lead my secret double life as a Bluegrass and Jazz musician.

I can be seen playing in the Pullman/Moscow area with my Bluegrass band, Train of Thought. I also play mandolin and saxophone in the folk-rock band, New Mother Nature.

As you can guess, I'm pretty proud of our son! Have a great week!

Primitive blessings,

~Laurie

P.S. I didn't tell you about my favorite song on this CD...."A Young Boy and his Pup", which Lukas wrote about Molly; the sweet cocker spaniel we had all his growing up years.....but be prepared with a hanky for this one!  If you'd like to hear the tune, click here to hear "A Young Boy and his Pup"!

No comments: