background

Monday, February 27, 2017

I'm still here!

It's been quite a long time since I've blogged! Funny how time just seems to get away from you! Over the past 11 months, another craft show season has come and gone, my Etsy sites have been very busy, and we've grown as a family!



Our daughter was married on August 6th, adding a new son-in-law to our family.  We had so much fun preparing for her Victorian-style wedding, and it was absolutely beautiful.  Things never go quite as planned, though, and her wedding was no exception.  Three days prior to her wedding, my husband was rushed to the hospital and ended up fighting for his life in the ICU for almost two weeks before he was well enough to come home.  He was diagnosed with severe pneumonia, acute respiratory distress, and septic shock.  Before being sedated and put on life support, he asked for us to continue with her wedding, and to make it a beautiful day for her. He also asked our son to walk our daughter down the aisle. She carried his photo in her bouquet.  I left him for a few hours to attend the wedding. His survival was a miracle and against the odds, and we count our blessings every day that he is still with us.  It was a very difficult time, and one we are glad is behind us.  His recovery is ongoing, and most of the fall and winter has been spent caring for him to help restore him back to health.


It was a fun and successful craft show season, and I loved adding my daughter, Emily, to my shows! I am so proud of her and all of her craftiness!  Glad some of that rubbed off on her!  We are having a blast with our Etsy site, Lottie Elizabeth. Check it out here and our website here.

I have recently revamped my website.  All of my patterns are still available, but my website now directs to my Etsy site for ordering.  This has allowed me to have epatterns - how 85% of my patterns are sold, able to be downloaded immediately.  I still can send any of my patterns as paper patterns...just use the order form on my website.  See my website here.

It has been a long, hard winter here in Southwest Washington! We've had multiple damaging ice storms, and have had snow since December 8th! There isn't much left now, but there were snowflakes falling this morning.  I just wanted to crawl back into bed and stay there until it's 70 degrees!  Our lambs will begin arriving in about 4 weeks.  That always means spring is here, right!?!

Wishing you a blessed spring!

~Laurie

No comments: