background

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

Doesn’t it seem like the holidays came and went awfully fast this year?! This week my kids went back to school, the Christmas decorations came down, and I spent a couple of afternoons enjoying some “me time”! I generally try to catch up with some scrapbooking in January, but as I am now over two years behind, the task was a little daunting! I tried something new, and I’m really excited about my new method of keeping a record of our family’s photo memories: photo books!

I use Walgreens for my photo processing, and I had an e-mail a couple of weeks ago advertising a sale. I put together a photo book with old family photos. It was really fun, and just like regular scrapbooking, there were lots of different papers and designs to choose from. Unlike standard scrapbooking, however, there was no glue, paper scraps, and trying to decide on a layout. I was very happy with the results!

I just received a great offer from Walgreens, but you have to act fast! Their 8.5 x 11 hardback photo books are on sale for buy 1 get 2 free! Yes, TWO free! What a deal! I quick put together another photo book using old family photos, as well as photo books for my twin daughter’s upcoming birthday with pictures from their Disneyland trip last spring. Even with just a day to take advantage of this sale, it’s possible to quickly put together some photo books. I like to decide on my own layout, but they have an auto-fill option, so you really could put together a book in only an hour or so.

I am also working on a 12 x 12 photo book for our 2011 photos using Shutterfly. They too are running a sale through January 11th, with their 12 x 12 photo books 40% off and free shipping. I figure that buying an album, scrapbook papers, digital photo printing, strickers, etc., would be way more costly than the $32.99 I will end up paying for our entire 2011 photo book! Shutterfly has a lot more options than Walgreens, but I’ve been very happy with both sites, and would recommend their programs. They are easy to figure out, and it’s a lot of fun!

Here are a couple of my layouts. The following is from my 8.5 x 11 Walgreens old family photos book . . .



. . . and this is a layout from my Shutterfly 12 x 12 photo book.



Wishing you all the best in 2012!

Primitive blessings,

Laurie Johnson

2 comments:

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Hi Laurie,
Your photos look great. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I do use Shutterfly. I didn't know about the sale though, so I think I will head over there and take advantage of it! Thanks so much and Happy New Year!!

Blessings,
~Rene~

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What a wonderful way to put all your memories in one place. Such a great idea!!!
So much better than letting them sit in a file on the computer!!!
Have fun putting it all together
Prim Blessings
&
Happy New Year!!!
Robin